fbpx
0.3 C
London
Monday, March 8, 2021

Ellen Fires 3 Top Producers Following Toxic Workplace Allegations

Ellen Degeneres Producers Fired

Ellen: The Ellen DeGeneres Show has undergone some major changes behind the scenes, as three senior producers have already been fired from the show following an inside investigation by Warner Bros. Following accusations of inappropriate behavior from behind the scenes of the daytime talk show, a number of which included allegations of racial insensitivity and sexual misconduct, it has been reported that the business has terminated executive producers Ed Glavin and Kevin Leman along side co-executive producer Jonathan Norman. The trio may also be said to be from DeGeneres’ other shows, such as for example NBC’s Ellen’s Game of Games.

- Advertisement -

The three top producers had previously been suspended when the investigation into the show’s “toxic” workplace had emerged, so their firings are not unexpected. While Warner Bros. has not yet provided the state statement concerning the new changes behind the scenes at Ellen, staffers reportedly were delivered the headlines on Monday afternoon throughout a videoconference staff meeting with DeGeneres. One staffer claims DeGeneres said that the news in what happened “broke her heart,” though she also has yet to release the state statement to the press. Sources also say that veteran executive producers Mary Connelly, Andy Lassner, and Derek Westervelt will all stick to the show.

In July, BuzzFeed published articles featuring quotes from former staffers alleging that the show had a toxic work environment. Kevin Leman, Ed Glavin, and Jonathan Norman specifically were accused of sexual misconduct and harassment. Things went from bad to worse when celebrities like Lea Thompson and Brad Garrett publicly acknowledged the accusations by suggesting they certainly were all true. Meanwhile, other famous stars, including Katy Perry and Ashton Kutcher, came to DeGeneres’ defense. Addressing the internal investigation, DeGeneres personally said she was “disappointed” to learn concerning the behavior of her producers in an apology letter delivered to staff.

There had been speculation that Ellen was going to be axed entirely as a result of the backlash from the show. Ellen DeGeneres was also rumored to be turning over pulling the plug herself, rather than working with the controversy. The hashtag #ReplaceEllen even began trending on Twitter with lots of people offering a number of suggestions for potential replacements for a new daytime television talk show host. For better or for worse, it has since been reported that DeGeneres will be straight back for the 18th season of her show the following month, though it’s now clear that the production team will be given a major overhaul.

- Advertisement -

Reportedly, the growing season 18 premiere of The Ellen DeGeneres Show has also been pushed straight back a week, now set to go back on Sept. 14. It’s not yet clear who’ll be featured as special guests once the show comes home to the air. As ratings for the show began to drop when word of the troublesome backstage environment found light, it will be interesting to see how the talk show will fare when it returns to television. Clearly, DeGeneres and Warner Bros. are hoping that booting the three accused producers can get the show’s former viewers to tune back in. This news concerns us from Variety.

- Advertisement -

Follow Us

16,985FansLike
4,865FollowersFollow
1,643FollowersFollow

Latest news