In order to concentrate on his mental health, Shawn Mendes is pausing his Wonder globe tour.
The 23-year-old artist, who is nominated for a Grammy, postponed three weeks of tour dates in Uncasville, Connecticut, in order to take care of his health. Mendes said on Instagram on Friday, “It kills my heart to have to tell this, but sadly I am going to have to delay the following three weeks of gigs through Uncasville, CT till further notice.”
Since I started traveling when I was 15, it has, to be quite honest, been challenging to be away from friends and family. The choice was “premature and sadly, the toll of the road and the strain has caught up to me and I have struck a breaking point,” Shawn Mendes said, adding that he was “ready to plunge back in” after “a few years off the road.”
Shawn Mendes Has Postponed Tour Dates
Shawn Mendes claimed that after talking to his team and mental health experts, he came to the conclusion that he needed to “take some to recover and take care of myself and my mental health.” “As soon as there are further developments, I guarantee I will let you know,” the singer said in closing. In order to promote his upcoming fourth studio album Wonder, Mendes began a globe tour in June in Oregon.
On Saturday, he was supposed to carry on the tour at the Xcel Energy Center in Minnesota. Nebraska, Missouri, Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, Illinois, North Carolina, and Washington D.C. have additional postponed dates. The tour will begin in Canada at the end of July and eventually include all of Europe, including France and Italy. Last month, Mendes began his “Wonder” tour. He has gigs lined up in St. Paul and Minneapolis for this coming Saturday and into October.