When you are a business owner, it can get quite hard at times to deal with negative statements made about your business. But, as we all know, negative online reviews are a part of all business. And you can’t prevent them- no matter what you do. When there are negative online reviews, we might find it increasingly difficult to not react to it in anger or pain. We are all extremely devoted to our service- and passionate about what we do for our customers. PissedConsumer.com is a great help when it comes to dealing with negative reviews in a positive way.
What Happens When You Ignore a Negative Online Review?
There is a reason why you should never ignore a negative online review. For, the most important time comes up when you respond to it. It provides you with an opportunity to deal with the customer and possibly change their mind about the negative online review. It also displays you as someone who would be able to find a solid resolution for any problem the customer might be facing. And not only to the customer but also to anyone who has already seen that negative online review.
See, the truth is plain and simple. You can create the greatest business on the face of this earth, and there will still be a sizable chunk of the population that wouldn’t want to interact with you. Your reaction to their distaste is what’s going to establish success for your business. In the face of a negative online review, the first thing you need to take care of is to not give in to your primal instincts. Take a few seconds, compose yourself, and then respond professionally. Don’t delete the comment or ignore it. Respond to it in a manner that upholds the image of your business.
And most importantly, don’t take negative online reviews personally. People will have opinions- doesn’t mean you have to take them to heart. And remember, you absolutely have to respond to the review. If you respond, you still have a chance of changing their opinion about your business. If you ignore, they might just take their business elsewhere.
5 Reasons Why You Should Not Delete or Ignore Negative Online Reviews
1. Quite a few people have seen it already. If you end up ignoring or deleting the review, your business will be cast in a bad light. And your consumers will start wondering if you care about them or not.
2. People don’t always look for positive reviews- they mostly search for negative online reviews. You need to make sure that you have replied to the negative review in a completely professional manner so that everyone can see that your business is level-headed.
3. If you keep ignoring or deleting negative reviews, your customers won’t trust your business. Would you trust a company with absolutely no negative responses to it?
4. If you deal with negative online reviews in a positive way and not ignore them, you will be influencing other customers who wouldn’t be as displeased with your business.
5. Be genuine in your replies, and act upon the promises you make (if you do make them). For, this will show that you care.
Negative online reviews will always be a part of any business- it is how you deal with them that matters.