Regarding the inspired trend for iOS 14 of personalized home screens, Pinterest has launched today a new Pinterest widget for iOS 14, it will enable Pinners to display a board of their own or anyone they are following on their mobile home screen.
As explained by Pinterest:
“With searches on the platform for topics like “indie ios 14 home screen” (15x), “widget iPhone aesthetic” (19x), “Neon icons for apps” (14x) or “Black and white icons for apps” (14x)1 surging in the past few weeks, it was clear Pinners wanted Pinterest to be part of their iOS 14 home screen, and make use of the new customization features now available on their phones. So much of the content on Pinterest – from inspirational quotes to seasonal image and fashion ideas – are perfect matches for that wallpaper aesthetic.”
As stated, new functionality in iOS makes iPhones accessible to personalize their home screens with the ability to replace icons of the applications. Over the release of the new update, the top 3 free applications in the App Store were editors of the widget. Also, users have been posting their new customized layouts online and debating how to best improve their features.
Instagram gave users new options to personalize their application logos back in the earlier month, and currently, Pinterest is planning to be in line with the same outstanding widget helping to increase exposure as well, and the application usage ideally.
To get the new widget for Pinterest:
- Tap the plus sign and hold an area on the screen in the upper-left corner to choose from widgets.
- Choose the size of the widget and add it to your home screen
- Choose your board or the one you are following
- The picture of the widget will change every hour or every day, it depends on the Pinner’s priorities, with an option to include a large or small-sized widget. Clicking on the widget will lead to the Pin in the application.
- Hold and place the widget in the best place in order to move it.
It is a great addition for Pinterest, that as stated, may help increase engagement by keeping in mind the Pins.