You can receive a stimulus check for $800.
South Carolina is one of the 14 states that will be receiving a stimulus check for $800 under President Joe Biden. The stimulus check is a one-time payment to help stimulate the economy.
To qualify, you must have been issued a Social Security Number by either your state or federal government, and you must have lived in South Carolina for at least one year prior to April 1st (the date when your claim should be submitted). In addition, you cannot receive any other form of income from work or unemployment benefits at this time as well.
Stimulus Check Money Coming
However, there are certain requirements you must meet in order to be eligible for the payment.
- You must be a US citizen.
- You must be at least 18 years old.
- You must not be in prison or a mental institution.
- You must not have been convicted of a felony drug offense within the last 3 years
If you’re wondering how to qualify for the Stimulus Check, here’s what you need to know:
- Single taxpayers must make less than $112,000 in annual income and couples filing jointly must earn less than $224,000.
- For each child under age 18 or a full-time student under 24, you get an extra $600 on top of your stimulus check.
- You can claim each dependent only once (so no double-dipping).
- Advertisement -
You can get your check only once. If you’ve already received a stimulus check in the past, you must wait until the next year to qualify again.
If you meet all of these requirements and are interested in applying for your own stimulus check, visit www.irs.gov/Retirement-Plans/Frequently-Asked-Questions-About-Retirement-Plans#Q2 (IRS website) or call 1-877-733-2748 (IRS phone number).
If you’re eligible for the stimulus check, don’t be afraid to apply! It’s a great way to get some extra cash in your pocket, and it’s also a good way to invest in your future.