If you are a blogger and pride yourself on your content, you probably are judging people who rely on ads to earn money. I understand your skepticism. But let me tell you something, your content might be top brass material, but without an appropriate wave of traffic, it might take too long to reach your crowd. Lucky for you, here’s an article from https://www.digitalmarketnews.com explaining Google AdSense in simple terms!
Google AdSense Defined
Google AdSense is a program that allows you to run corporate advertisements on your precious blogs. The only condition is that the ad needs to be created using AdWords, which is another one of Google’s tools.
The simple conditions to sign up with Google AdSense are:
- Be an adult or someone who’s 18 years old or above.
- Have a Google email account.
- Create a blog that features completely original content.
- Provide a contact number and your home address.
That’s it! Do the necessary, and you can start monetizing from AdSense.
Now, your content matters too. If you like edgy content that might be offensive to a group of people, then chances are, permission granted might be revoked. You should be sensitive of people’s race, gender, and religion.
One important thing to remember is that you can sign up only if you own a domain. If your blog is hosted by a subdomain (Blogspot, WordPress, Tumbler, etc.) then you won’t be allowed to create an account. Click here to create your very own personal domain.
Sign up now with these simple instructions!
- Tap on this link https://www.google.com.br/AdSense
- Select your email account. It will be connected to your Google AdSense profile.
- Fill the requirements. They include your country of origin and your blog’s name.
- Accept the program’s terms and conditions.
- Google will then check your content to see if it aligns with their guidelines.
- Add your bank account number. Google will deposit your earnings to this account.
- Last but not the least, Google will mail a physical envelope that contains your verification code. Remember to fill in your address correctly, because Google will use that data to contact you. The last step may take 1-2 weeks.
How Does Google AdSense Work?
At present, there are two ways you can generate money using Google AdSense.
First is Cost-per-click (CPC) It’s quite self-explanatory. Whenever anyone clicks on ads that have been displayed on your blog, you will enjoy monetary gain!
Second is Cost per thousand impressions (CPM) In this option, you will earn through impressions. That’s basically every single time a person clicks on your blog. So, you will be earning through the traffic on your page.
The most beautiful thing about this arrangement is that Google’s algorithm will do all the work for you. You just need to choose what kind of ads you would like on your blog. You can customize the placing of the ads on your display page as well. Don’t worry about pissing your fans off. Google will analyze your subscribers’ interests and showcase ads that they would be interested in. It’s a triple win!
You win, your advertisers win, and of course, Google AdSense wins.
When And Where Are You Going To Get Your Money?
Your earnings will be transferred to the bank account number you provided while registering with Google AdSense.
Keep in mind:
- You will be paid in dollars via international transfer. The payment will be done on a per month basis if you reach or cross a balance of $100.
- The form of conversion Google AdSense uses is Reais.
- Look out for what your bank is charging you for the transaction. The fee can sometimes be abusive. In that case, you can always choose to change your bank.
What Will Be Your Google AdSense Earnings?
This is probably the most asked question. Well, it depends. Your blog traffic, how many advertisers you have, what kind of content you put up are just some of the factors that will decide your monetary gains.
Besides original content, make sure that you are using appropriate keywords in the appropriate amount. Look at sites that will assist your content to become SEO friendly. It will help you bring much-needed traffic into your blog.
Simple details matter too. Observe the relation between the positioning of your ads and the number of clicks you get. Try changing things up if you think the clicks are low. One good way to find the best positioning for ads is to try out different alternatives. Compare the traffic with each positioning. Remember that the goal is to make your blog visitor friendly.
What Are The Different Kinds Of Ads?
These are the most simple ads. It’s a line or two with a link that will direct the clicker to the advertiser’s site.
These are ads that will be displayed as banners either in the top, bottom, or the side of your blog. You can choose from 15 different formats that Google AdSense provides.
This option contains videos, gifs, and HTMLs. They might be more attractive, but be aware of overusing them as they can distract your visitors from your content.
Block Of Links
You will be provided with an array of links that you can display on your blog as blocks. The links will all be related to the topics you cover on your blog.
Now, let’s talk a little about the minimum number of ads required and such details.
- You are allowed to run only three ads on one page.
- As long as you follow the guidelines provided by Google AdSense, you can place your ads anywhere on your page.
- You can also customize the ads’ content, size, color, image.
- Certain ads can be blocked too. Just tap on Allow and block ads on your account.
Here’s a Google tutorial to guide you better!
YouTube Google AdSense
If you have a YouTube channel, it would be great if you link your accounts. It honestly can generate a lot of money. With every click on your video, you have a chance to earn with Google AdSense.
Make sure that your Monetize option is enabled. Go to Channel, then click in Creation Studio, and then enable Monetize if you haven’t already.
In the settings, link your YouTube account with your Google AdSense account. If you haven’t got one, make one following the simple instructions given above.
Note that you can only earn if your content is copyright free. And of course, you will need to have uploaded at least one video.
You can earn up to US$ 5 per 1000 views. The amount can fluctuate based on the day’s conversion rate. But in any way, you will still be able to earn a lot once you get more views.
Pros Of Having A Google AdSense Account
- The number and variety of advertisers available to you are incomprehensible. You are sure to find one that you genuinely like. This way, you can actually guide your audiences to find out more brands that they like.
- Thank Google’s algorithm. It chooses ads that are similar to your content and hence, does not put your viewers off. This is essential, as what you need the least is annoying your viewers with a bunch of unrelated and unrelatable (for them) ads.
- There is a variety in formats that will provide you the option to create your own aesthetic. You can choose to display the ads in a vertical or horizontal way. You can choose if you want video ads or just simple text ads.
- You can customize what kind of ads you want to display on your page. If you want, you can even block certain advertisers.
- You will be monetizing using ads! That’s the crazy part. You will be doing what you love, and will get paid to do it! You have the option to earn with every click.
Cons Of Having A Google AdSense Account
- It can take quite a while for beginners to start earning a substantial amount. Because your earnings depend on the traffic in your blog, patience is the key. Keep working on your content and be smart with ads.
- Some viewers of your blog might be put off. See, no one is the same. One ad that someone might like might offend someone else. But to earn for your hard work, you need to compromise a little on this front.
- You can withdraw your earnings only if you cross or reach a balance of $100 by a month’s 21st. If you want fast money, this might not be the best option for you.
- Keep in mind that money is not guaranteed. If you are confident about your content, go ahead, and create your own Google AdSense account. Since this is a business, a booming business even it needs your investment.
Google AdSense: Is It Worth It?
Absolutely! There are certain cons, as listed above. But if you are dedicated to your art, you need to keep in mind that running ads are an additional way for you to earn money. And it’s not that difficult.
Many bloggers in the mid-2010s earned a lot using this platform. If you understand the algorithm and have a sense of aesthetics, you will be unstoppable. Sure, it requires patience and time, but what doesn’t?
Always remember to follow the Google AdSense guidelines. Or else, you might end up getting banned. Keep working on your content, but never forget that appropriate advertising can provide you enormous help.
If you are dedicated to your blog, Google AdSense is a giant facilitator. Creating original content is one thing, and being smart with attracting audiences is another. Do you have what it takes to become a professional blogger? Are you ready to take your blogging to another level? If your answer is yes, then Google AdSense is absolutely the right answer for you.
Many bloggers and YouTubers collaborate with multiple brands to make money. So, remember that along with working on creating traffic, you need to keep building original content. Brands look for creativity, so don’t give up on your content for anything. Google AdSense can be a benefit that comes along with your content.
If you want to work on your blogging full time, then it is time for you to step up your game and come through. Take online courses, participate in e-commerce, and keep coming up with engaging content. Engaging with your viewers or subscribers is one awesome way to build a loyal base. You know the basics, express your opinions but don’t be offensive, and yada yada yada. In general, just be active.
You will be astounded to know how much a professional blogger can earn in a month. Some of them even make it to Forbes list of highly successful public figures. Besides, once you have enough followers, you can even bring about social change with your influence. It’s not all about the money. Don’t get me wrong. Money is super important, but the influence you gain from blogging is something that no amount of money can buy.
With the current global pandemic, we have seen a downfall in our global economy. Many on-ground businesses have failed to survive. The only platform that has seemed to survive this pandemic is online businesses. Many others, as a way to survive, have taken their stores/brands virtual. It only goes further to show that going digital is our collective future.
Amidst the pandemic caused lockdowns, you can start your always-wished-for blog now. Just create a Google AdSense account, and you can start earning while doing what you love!